Sunday, March 7, 2010

I don't want to talk about my feelings!

For the most part, that's usually a total lie.  I'm pretty much an open book and talk about my feelings - often in excess!  However, after running (ok maybe I walked it a little) up a hill and stopping at the water stop at mile 5.5 I really didn't want to talk about my feelings.  Mostly because my feeling was that I was about to DIE!  And we still had 4.5 miles to go.  Obviously since I'm writing this i did survive my TEN miles.  



Wait...what?  Yes I am now a double digit runner!  And it feels really good! Well, it feels really good when it's done.  It really is an amazing feeling of accomplishment. 


I missed the training run with the group last week because I was cave camping with the Cub Scouts.  And by camping, yes we did stay the night in the cave.  We also did a walking tour (easy) and the wild tour (OMG! total body workout and at some points really scary).  Looking back on it, the wild tour was awesome and I would like to do it again - though, definitely not with a large group.  However, during the tour, I told Mark repeatedly that I would rather be running.  In fact, I think running is way easier.  


To go on the wild tour you must be able to fit through this box...Holy Crap!


I went through this box on my stomach, but what they don't tell you is you will have to squeeze through a space this small (I'd argue some of them might be smaller) not only on your stomach, but on your back and sometimes sideways! 


It was a lot of fun...but I missed running with my 3/1 no boundaries group.  And yes I did my run alone when we got back.  


Here are the boys when we were leaving the cave.  They were totally exhausted!  And so was I!

No comments:

Post a Comment