Saturday, February 20, 2010

Running uphill is great!

If you've ever run with me, it's likely you just choked when you read the title of this post.  I despise running uphills.  Often I cheat and walk up part of the hill.  But one thing I do love is running downhill.  Unfortunately you can't have the reward of downhill without work of the uphill.  I would get all cheesy here and make it a metaphor for life...but I'll let you make those connections.  


We ran 8 miles today!  EIGHT miles!  And even more importantly, I enjoyed it!  This is our second week in a row that we went 8 miles.  Today's run felt better than last week's...I guess that means this training stuff actually works!  I'm so relieved to know I'm not getting up before 6 am on Saturday mornings for no reason!


My favorite exchange from today's run.  We are at the bottom of a big (in my opinion anyhow) hill getting ready to go up.  Joe says, "This is our last hill today.  Right, Gail?" Gail, in a totally unconvinced voice, says, "Uh, sure."  The moral of the story - Joe will say anything to get you to the top of the hill. 

No comments:

Post a Comment