Sunday, April 18, 2010

Wanted: A Good Run

So it's been awhile since my last post.  Why?  Well, lots of reasons.  Two weeks ago our run was cancelled.  Last week was my worst run EVER!  I was in tears at one point (ok for those of you keeping it up it might have been two points).  Thanks to Nicole and Gail for sticking with me even during the tears.  I didn't even want to think about that run...much less write a blog about it. 

My last blog was all about my best run ever and how great it was.  Since then I've been plagued with bad run after bad run.  And really, who wants to hear me whine and complain?  At several points in the last couple weeks, I've even thought running wasn't for me.  Needless to say, after 2 weeks of progressively worsening runs and only being a week away from the Country Music Half, I really needed this week's group run to be awesome - or at the very least good. 

Yesterday's group run was exactly what I needed!  I felt great.  Last week, I had a lot of pain in the arch of my right foot.  I rested all week.  I probably should have gone to the doctor, but hoped I could get away with just resting.  I had a little bit of pain, but was able to push through and it went away.  I felt really rested and the run was easy - well as easy as a run ever is. 

6 days until the Country Music Half.  I'm so excited!  Even though this will be my second half, it is my first big one and the one I've been training for since January.  I'm trying to ignore all the talk of the hills and what a tough course it is.  Instead, I'm reminding myself that I am a runner.  I will have fun.  I will be positive and smile.  I will finish the race.   

1 comment:

  1. You're doing awesome! I really miss you. And PS, you should follow my blog since I'm following yours.

    ReplyDelete