However, after hurting for nearly a week after the New Orleans half, I decided I would have to give it another try. I'm proud to say I made it 15 minutes today! Of course, I'd have gladly spent that 15 minutes running more, but I don't think it would have had the same effect.
- A positive attitude - this is for your own good (definitely didn't have this on my first attempt)
- Warm clothes (t-shirt and my hoodie on top of it)
- Hot hands warming patch - ok this was probably overkill, but the first attempt was a disaster so this helped...it actually did a lot to keep my core warm
- Steaming hot drink - I chose pear tea...YUM
- Ipad and facebook (facebook could easily be substituted for Angry Birds)